I’m pleased to announce that I will be presenting at PASS Summit. This year I have a pre-conference workshop and a regular session. Let’s dive into each.
Pre-Conference Workshop: The Future of Deployment for Modern Data Platform Applications
Ben Weissman and I teach a pre-conference workshop called “The Future of Deployment for Modern Data Platform Applications” in this workshop. We’re going to cover how you will be deploying data platform applications in the near future. Here’s a listing of the topics we’re going to cover.
- Kubernetes Fundamentals – building a cluster and deploying applications
- Deploying SQL Server in Kubernetes – diving deep into what it takes to run a stateful application in Kubernetes
- Deploying Big Data Clusters – showcasing how you can deploy a complex stateful application in Kubernetes.
- Azure Arc Enabled Data Services Fundamentals – learn how to run any Azure Data Service anywhere you have Kubernetes, in any cloud or on-premises.
- Deploying Azure Arc Enabled Data Services – tons of demos and code samples to highlighting how to deploy SQL Managed Instance and PostgreSQL HyperScale in any cloud or on-premises.
You will leave this session with the knowledge, scripts, and tools to get started with Kubernetes and Kubernetes based applications.
Sign up for our workshop here: https://www.pass.org/summit/2020/Register-Now
Regular Session: Deploying and Managing SQL Server with dbatools
Well, if you’ve been following my blog and work over the last few years, it’s been all containers and Kubernetes. But I still have clients that run SQL Server on Windows. And for those clients, there’s only one that I install SQL Server…with dbatools. So I wrote a session describing how I did it for my client, and I’m going to share all that knowledge with you! Check out the deets…
The dbatools project brings automation to the forefront of the SQL Server configuration, operations, and deployment tasks. This session will look at how to install and configure multiple SQL Servers quickly and consistently using dbatools deployment tools. Once those systems are up and running, we will look at how to configure and manage multiple systems using PowerShell automation techniques. By the end of this session, you will have the tools, techniques, and code to automatically and consistently deploy and configure SQL Server in your environment.
Hope to see you at PASS Summit this year!
Sign up PASS Summit here: https://www.pass.org/summit/2020/Register-Now